[BlueOnyx:10927] Re: Why refresh proftpd.conf when reboot ?

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Tue Jul 3 09:23:45 -05 2012

No one will be able to make any FTP related changes - since that will lock the ProFTP configuration file.

But if I remember that file correctly - it isn't updated each time a site is added/deleted.  Only when changes are made to the FTP configuration.  So locking it won't hurt additions/deletions.  But if you want to modify the FTP server settings - you'd have to unlock the file first.

The benefit - you won't have to worry about the proftpd.conf file updating each time the machine is rebooted.  That is your problem - right?

Chuck