[BlueOnyx:10965] pam-abl host ignore

William Thackrey wethackrey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 19:45:35 -05 2012

Hi Michael –

There was some discussion late last year about allowing a list of hosts to be ignored by pam_abl.  This would involve adding a field on the /base/console/pam_abl.php page which would be written in the hosts rule in /etc/security/pam_abl.conf.

Do have an update on whether you've decided to implement a change to support ignoring (or whitelisting) hosts in the GUI login manager?

And a related question: I'm a bit confused about syntax in the pam_abl.conf file. I can write a rule like this: host_rule=!98.112.999.999=30/1h 98.112.999.999=10000/1h  ...which I believe should set all hosts except our target host to 30/1h and set the target host to 10000/1h.  Is there a way to include multiple hosts to ignore?

Thanks
Bill Thackrey