[BlueOnyx:10992] Re: solarspeed backup problmes

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jul 22 11:09:54 -05 2012

Hi Søren,

> I have been having some problems with the solarspeed backup pkg - and i have
> with no luck tried to get help from the solarspeed support for two months.

Wow. Now where did that come from? Our initial message exchange on that
subject was during my 4 week holiday in Colombia and in the middle of my
wedding preparations. That exchange did lead nowhere, so I dropped the case
eventually and thought you had it fixed. Your last email to me was three weeks
ago - while I was on my way home from the holiday. Had you sent a reminder, a
followup or simply called my office number, then there would have been a
prompt reply. Even on a Sunday morning.

Your message subject also implies that the problem is with the solarspeed
backup, which is incorrect. The file you have problems with belongs to CMU.

If you cannot change the permissions of a file as root, then the file has
either been protected by "chattr", or there are problems with the integrity of
the filesystem or there is the odd chance that this is related to a hack. You
can check the chattr status with lsattr or can try to remove the protected bit
with "chattr -i filename" as Christoph has pointed out to you.