[BlueOnyx:11014] Re: named restart oddity

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Wed Jul 25 15:24:17 -05 2012

On 07/25/2012 02:46 PM, Matthew Komar wrote:
> This messages are coming from the underlying OS, not the BO sauce. I
> wouldn't expect the cced to have anything to do with it.
>
> What language is your OS setup to use?
[root at xxx ~]# locale
LANG=da_DK

Looks like its set for Danish, changing in the GUI didn't change anything.
Shell appears to works fine with English (United States)

[root at xxx ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG=en_US
LC_ALL=en_US
LINGUAS="en_US da_DK de_DE ja_JP"

I feel that one of the yum updates must have changed the locale
as the server never exhibited this behavior until the last update

export LANG=en_US

the above fixes the anomaly

[root at ns1 ~]# locale
LANG=en_US

Of course will have to put the command in bashrc