[BlueOnyx:11025] Re: Google Apps Cname Problem

Krul, Patrick patrick at krulleke.nl
Thu Jul 26 23:53:13 -05 2012

The request from the client is wrong.

If the have specified the the Google Apps tenant a different URL for
accessing their mail. Than they received different instuctions.
In Google apps it is under
- manage this domain
- Settings
- Email

The instructions they received was to point mail.yourdomain.com to
ghs.googlehosted.com
Gmail/Google take care on the redirection to the correct URL.
If your client access this URL it only have to enter the part in front of
the @ . the rest is already filled on the next lines (execpt the Password)

They can specify also URL's for calander, 'Drive and docs' and sites. they
all point to  ghs.googlehosted.com

with reagrds,

Patrick