[BlueOnyx:11033] Re: Install git on BlueOnyx?

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Fri Jul 27 13:17:04 -05 2012

On 07/27/2012 10:46 AM, Jim Matysek wrote:
> Anyone have experience installing git on BlueOnyx and can share the best
> way to go about this? I'm currently running 5106R, but will be upgrading
> to 5108R relatively soon. I could be convinced to upgrade sooner if you
> tell me that yum install git would work in 5108R but not in 5106R.
>
> Found this page at
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3779274/how-can-git-be-installed-on-centos-5-5,
> but I'm very leery of adding any repos to yum, and there are several
> different ways of doing this advocated there.
>
> -jim

5108R

yum install git

Dependencies Resolved

==========================================================================================================================================
 Package                           Arch
Version                                Repository                   Size
==========================================================================================================================================
Installing:
 git                               x86_64
1.7.1-2.el6_0.1                        base                        4.6 M
Installing for dependencies:
 perl-Error                        noarch
1:0.17015-4.el6                        base                         29 k
 perl-Git                          noarch
1.7.1-2.el6_0.1                        base                         28 k

Transaction Summary
Install       3 Package(s)

Total download size: 4.7 M
Installed size: 15 M