[BlueOnyx:11049] Re: Why does mx record override Smart Relay host?

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Mon Jul 30 17:09:26 -05 2012

Apologies if you know this but it isn't clear from your message so I
want to check...

A smart relay uses MX records.  A lot of people don't know this and in
some cases an A record can work but it is designed for and is supposed
to use MX records.

If you need to use mx.example.com for something else then use whatever
you like (smarthost.example.com) as the smarthost entries and change it
in the GUI.

It's actually really handy being able to use MX records for the
smarthost as you can use the priority values to create backups so there
isn't a single point of failure.

Dan

--
Find me online : http://www.dogsbody.info/