[BlueOnyx:11054] Re: yum-utils

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jul 31 01:47:14 -05 2012

Hi Jon,

> I ran yum complete-transactions yesterday and have not seen any
> issues...what should I look for? I have not rebooted as of yet

It's fine, don't worry. :-)

Typical cases where YUM bitches about "you must run yum
complete-transactions" are when it got interrupted for one reason or
other while it was in the stage of installing RPMs.

In a few cases where I have run it in the past, it reverted a lot of
RPMs back to their previous versions. Only to update them all again
during the next "yum update".

I knew what it did and there was little sense for YUM to make the
downgrade of these particular RPMs first and then do another upgrade. It
was just a waste of time and 99.9% of all the RPMs it downgraded had
been installed just fine during the first run anyway.

After making that experience a few times I simply ignore the requests
for "yum-complete".

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards

Michael Stauber
Stauber Multimedia Design
Hauptstrasse 32
D-56244 Goddert / GERMANY
http://www.solarspeed.net
mstauber at solarspeed.net

Check out Aventurin{e} - The Linux Virtualization Appliance!
http://www.aventurin.net