[BlueOnyx:11059] Re: Email setup issue

jeffrey Pellin - PX2 jeffrey at px2co.net
Tue Jul 31 09:46:36 -05 2012

Thanks Michael,

This is what I'd been doing but it just felt a
bit clumsy.

Regards

Jeffrey

---

 JEFFREY PELLIN
 Director

JEFFREY PELLIN CONSULTANCY LTD [1] WORK: 01692 558226
 MOBILE: 07768
451738
 EMAIL: jeffrey at pellin.co.uk [2]

 		See who we know in common
[3]

On 31.07.2012 13:31, Michael Stauber wrote:

> Hi Jeffrey,

When I set up a new customer with email on our server my emails to him
immediately get delivered to the new mailbox on my BO server even though
I haven't changed the DNS. Which means he doesn't hear from me because
we haven't switched him across yet. Is there any way I can force the
server to use the external DNS for local users?

> It's not just a DNS
issue.

> You have the site created on the box already and try to
email
> user at newsite from that box, Sendmail will check the
virtusertable to see
> if the recipient for the email is a local user.
It then sees that this
> site is on your box and that the user exists,
so it will deliver the
> email locally.
>
> Short of renaming the site
briefly the second best option is to use
> another email account (not
hosted on the same box!) to email your client.

Links:
------
[1]
http://www.quick-websites.co.uk