[BlueOnyx:09718] Re: BO 5107R - Email sent to user1 at domain1.com diverted to user1 at domain2.com

Roy Urick rurick at usa.net
Fri Mar 2 07:10:59 -05 2012

We do that at our company. One of our units spun off into a separate
entity, and rather than recreate another domain, re-setup all of the
users' accounts, create new outlook profiles on dozens of PCs, etc.  we
simply added the new domain as a mail alias (virtual site/services/email
settings)  on the server and changed the Outlook email address field to
reflect the new domain for the user.

Now all of the new email addresses work under the old accounts, and
everybody is  happy.   bob at maindomain.com also works as bob at spinoff.com
and vice versa (they are the same physical mailbox).

It has an unfortunate side-effect that now users that dont work for the
spin-off also in theory have a valid spin-off domain mail address, but
its minor.

Hope that helps.