[BlueOnyx:09832] Re: toggle problem on lang Japanese

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Mar 19 20:15:02 -05 2012

Hi Eiji,

> On BX control pages, Japanese character toggle to English frequently.
> Let me explain the toggle more.
>
> For the most clear example, is Email page of Network Services.
> I Enter and Enter the Email button in left side,
> the terget page will be toggle Japanese and English.
>
> Of course with lang Garmany and Denmark, no toggle at all.

I just tried to test it. I set the GUI to Japanese and then accessed various
pages of the GUI. Including "Network Services" / "EMail". I clicked on the
menu dozends of times, but the displayed pages always showed up in Japanese
and not toggled back to English (or another language) once. I tested this on
5107R and 5108R with Firefox under Linux and Windows.

> I think that the problem must be from 5108R Japanese translation files,
> I replace them to old 5106R's.   But the toggle still continues.

No, the problem isn't the language files. They are 99,9% identical between
5106R and 5107R and 5108R.

Please check your /etc/sysconfig/i18n file on the server and let me know what
information is in it.

We had a similar problem with locales early on in 5107R (before 5108R was
released). Back on 5106R the supported locales were "en", "de", da" and "jp".

In RHEL6 and clones we needed to be more specific, so locales changed from
"en" to "en_US", from "de" to "de_DE" and from "da" to "da_DK". Japanese
remained at "jp", although there is also a "ja_JP" locale. On SL6 the
directory /usr/share/locale/ja_JP/LC_MESSAGES/ is entirely empty and all the
Japanese locales rest in /usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/ instead.

Which could be a problem. Maybe we need to move the Japanese locales from
/usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/ to /usr/share/locale/ja_JP/LC_MESSAGES/?

What happens if you copy everything from /usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/ to
/usr/share/locale/ja_JP/LC_MESSAGES/? Does it still toggle?