[BlueOnyx:10444] 5106R and pam_abl

Bill Hicks billhicks at netstep.net
Thu May 3 07:34:45 -05 2012

One of my BO's did not send me an update report this mornign so I SSH'd in
to see if there was an issue, if it was stuck on an update and it was
running slow. I did a "top" to see what was running and there was 30 or more
copies of pam_abl --purge running, some as old as 3 days. I did a restart
and it took a few minutes but it did restart for me and all is fine now. I
had an issue with pam_abl before where it locked up on a restart on purging
the databases and I had to restart the server in what I call safe mode where
you confirm every process starting and told it now to run pam_abl so I could
remove these:

rm /var/lib/abl/hosts.db
rm /var/lib/abl/users.db

per an old mailing list topic: [BlueOnyx:06544] Re: Problem with pam_abl

Is this something I should consider doing on a regular basis or are the two
problems not related.

Bill Hicks