[BlueOnyx:10500] Re: proftpd won?t start

jw jw at ronken.net
Tue May 8 10:30:04 -05 2012

Hi Michael,
Curiously the server seems to have healed itself after I changed one thing
(no idea if it´s related or not)
The server itself was at IP x.x.x.130 and all sites on it use different
IP´s in the same subnet, except one which was not anymore in the dns AND
used the same IP as the server itself. I removed that site and proFTPD
started working again.. Also, the reverse dns resolved to the wrong
sitename for that IP (not to the servername but to the inactive site)
It does not make a lot of sense, but at least it's working again.
So far, non of our other BO boxes (we are running about 40 of them in 2
continents) had the problem so I have no way to duplicate tje problem
anymore, but as soon as it happens again I´ll let you know offlist.

A couple of the servers have not been checked yet as they are backup boxes
but I´ll do so later today.
jan