[BlueOnyx:10506] Re: proftpd won't start

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Tue May 8 14:02:07 -05 2012

On May 8, 2012, at 1:30 PM, jw wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
> Glas to hear that it worked for you too, means at least there is a way to
> get around it.
> Just found another server with the same kind of config (server at
> z.z.z.190, one virtual site at same address) and proFTPD not working.
> Changed to z.z.z.191 and yep.. Working.
> Out of curiosity changed it back, but continues working. I guess something
> in the config file was incomplete and got rewritten when changing the IP
> of the virtual server.
> Both servers were 5106R created from the 5.3_20090405 installer cd and
> updated with all patches and updates through YUM.
> Tomorrow I'll try to duplicate in on a fresh machine with the same
> installer.
>
> jan

All my virtual sites are at the same IP as the server. The only issue I had yesterday morning was 5 (over 5 hours after update) Active Monitor emails notifying me that ftp was down and couldn't be restarted. Came back up all by itself every time within a half-hour and I haven't had any troubles since 10:45am US Central yesterday...

Jeff