[BlueOnyx:10514] Re: Joomla Permissions Question

Klein Joachim j.klein at ibusiness.at
Wed May 9 02:14:19 -05 2012

Hy Marcello!

I use only Websites with SuPHP and this works great.
Then PHP starts the files with the same user as the files was uploaded
and you will
never have any permissions issuses.

Take the following steps for this that it work:
1.) Create a Website and be sure that you enable both checkboxes
     Enable PHP Scripting and Enable SuPHP
2.) Then create a new user with Siteadmin-Permission
3.) After that you (on the left) to Services -> Web Ownership
4.) Now change the drop down to your Siteadmin-User and klick save
     With this all files in the webroot will be chowned to the siteadmin
5.) you have it
6.) Upload your files and have fun

If you have user owned webs, the don´t work after you enable SuPHP, but
I have never used this.
If you have any questions give me a mail

Joachim