[BlueOnyx:10614] Re: BO 5106R and email

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri May 18 11:08:58 -05 2012

Bill Hicks wrote:
> On a BO 5106r server I have a perl program that is using sendmail to
> send out an email to the owner of the site. The mail is coming from
> site1.com and being sent to site2.com - site2.com is on the same server
> but mail is handled on a different server. If I try sending the mail I
> get an internal server error, it seems that sendmail is not sending the
> mail, it is looking for the user locally since the domain is on that
> server. How can I stop it from doing this?

This is a big FAQ.

Easy to fix.  Make sure that the DNS is configured properly (and if it's
not hosted on the BX box, then make sure the domain isn't configured in
the BX DNS manager).

Then in the site management, services, email, make sure that you have
the domain removed from email server aliases and you check the box that
says "disable email for this domain".

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services