[BlueOnyx:11443] yum update error - cannot resolve host updates.blueonyx.it

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Mon Oct 1 09:44:51 -05 2012

Greetings,

I just brought a new BX 5107 server online last week. While preparing the
server in my LAN I had no problem with YUM updates, but now that it is
live it will not update. Here's the error message:

[root at bx ~]# yum update
Loaded plugins: security
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://updates.blueonyx.it/mirror.php?release=6.3&arch=i386 error was
14: PYCURL ERROR 6 - "Couldn't resolve host 'updates.blueonyx.it'"
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
BlueOnyx. Please verify its path and try again

Here's what yum.repos.d/BlueOnyx.repo contains:

[root at bx etc]# less yum.repos.d/BlueOnyx.repo
[BlueOnyx]
name=BlueOnyx - $basearch
#baseurl=http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/5106R/CentOS6/blueonyx/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://updates.blueonyx.it/mirror.php?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1
gpgkey=http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/RPM-GPG-KEY-NUSOL-5106R

[BlueOnyx-Testing]
name=BlueOnyx-Testing - $basearch
#baseurl=http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/5106R/CentOS6/testing/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://updates.blueonyx.it/mirror.php?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&testing=testing
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0
gpgkey=http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/RPM-GPG-KEY-NUSOL-5106R

I can successfully ping updates.blueonyx.it from that server.

Any advice?

Regards,

dAvid tHacker                                  Email: David at ThackerNet.com
Thacker Network Technologies Inc.                Http://www.ThackerNet.com