[BlueOnyx:11467] Re: Need CGI script to execute command as root

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Tue Oct 2 12:00:03 -05 2012

>> What's the best way to reproduce this behaviour on the BX server?
>
> Usually the AdmServ won't run CGI scripts, because it doesn't need to.
> The web accessible GUI pages are all in PHP or plain HTML.

I suppose I could view this as an opportunity to make myself learn PHP!
The script itself is not really doing anything too hinky, so perhaps this
is the way to go.

> If you copy /etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf to /etc/admserv/conf.d/ and
> restart AdmServ, it'll execute Perl scripts. But the scripts from the
> RaQ4 might still not work, because it could be that they require RaQ4
> specific libraries which BlueOnyx doesn't have.

I'll try that as an interim option while learning how to do it in PHP.

Thanks for the advice Michael.

Best regards,

dAvid tHacker                                  Email: David at ThackerNet.com
Thacker Network Technologies Inc.                Http://www.ThackerNet.com