[BlueOnyx:11524] Re: Customer Running SMF 2.0.2

Gustavo Silva pseudo at zbronx.com
Fri Oct 12 09:31:29 -05 2012

Hey Richard,

not sure about the PHP versions, you probably should not upgrade those.
Michael could enlighten you better regarding this as the PHP version
especially can probably mess up with the BO panel.

Anyway regarding the accelerators, I've installed/added the epel
repository (AND DISABLED IT after on /etc/yum/repos.d/epel.repo) so that
further yum upgrades wont get all the upgraded versions (php and apache
etc) frrom that repository and i can install packages from there only by
enabling the repository myself.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WORKED FOR ME BUT... you know how it goes :o)

And then ive installed eaccelerator using:

yum install php-eaccelerator --enablerepo=epel

It installs and works as expected.
Give it a try

Heres my php -v info:

PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Jun 27 2012 14:13:03)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
     with eAccelerator v0.9.6.1, Copyright (c) 2004-2010 eAccelerator,
by eAccelerator
     with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.10, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by
ionCube Ltd., and
     with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2010, by Zend
Technologies

Cheers!