[BlueOnyx:11532] Re: Stuck at initial Welcome screen

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Oct 13 01:15:50 -05 2012

Hi George,

> I built up a new box (5106R), and things seemed to be working ok at
> first.  I got to the initial welcome screen, and then the login screen
> where I got in with the default password.
>
> Then, as I was working thorugh the initial configuration, the computer I
> was using (NOT the server) had a lockup.
>
> When I got going again, and tried to log into the admin server a second
> time, I got the Welcome screen again.   However, when I hit 'START'
> there, the machine blanks the page as if getting the login page, but then
> the Welcome page comes back.
>
> I can log in via ssh just fine, so the admin account is live, and its
> password works.
>
> What can I do to get into the admin web interface?

Ok, do this to start over:

Login by SSH. Set the admin/root password back to "blueonyx" using ...

passwd admin
passwd root

Then fire up /usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient and at the prompt it provides
type this (exactly as shown):

find System

It'll look a bit like this:

[root at 5108r ]# /usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient
100 CSCP/0.80
200 READY
find System
104 OBJECT 3
201 OK

See it reported back "OBJECT 3" in this example. The number it reports
for you may be different.

Then use this:

get 3

But instead of "3" use the number it did show for the System object.

That will show what's stored in the "System" object. The following two
are the items we are looking for:

102 DATA isRegistered = "0"
102 DATA isLicenseAccepted = "1"

Set both to "0" using the following command (but again change the "3" to
the number that was reported for your System object:

set 3 isRegistered = "0" isLicenseAccepted = "0"

Then press CTRL-C to exit CCEd.

At this point you will be able to login to the GUI via the Setup Wizard,
which you can then use to finish the configuration.