[BlueOnyx:11573] Re: Sendmail Authentication errors

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Mon Oct 22 06:49:02 -05 2012

On Mon October 22 2012 05:56, Will Nordmeyer wrote:
> Thanks
> for the idea. I checked poprelayd (it is running) and it has no data
> when I do a poprelayd -p. I'll contact her to shift to port 587... I
> still wish I could figure out why this suddenly started. And why it is
> only really affecting one or two users.

Hmmm, if poprelayd -p has no data, then it may be running but does
not appear to be parsing the maillog correctly.  If running you should
be able to see a person check mail (in the maillog) then within seconds
see that IP (the IP they checked mail from) show up in the poprelayd -p
output.

As for why only affecting a few, try doing an RBL check against their
IP addresses, it may be those are listed somewhere and causing sendmail
to block the send.

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net