[BlueOnyx:11577] IPv6 AAAA Record

Matt James matt at rainstormconsulting.com
Mon Oct 22 13:27:45 -05 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to add an AAAA record to a domain where the DNS is controlled through BlueOnyx.  Given that BX doesn't have this ability from the GUI, I was manually putting it in the .include file in named.  Unfortunately, even after restarting DNS, it doesn't appear to have taken hold.

I tested it using: host -a zeus.rainstormconsulting.com ns1.rainstormconsulting.com and only received A and NS records.

My include file reads:

; /var/named/chroot/var/named/db.rainstormconsulting.com.include
; user customizations can be added here.
zeus.rainstormconsulting.com in aaaa 2600:3c02::f03c:91ff:feae:e05a

Any ideas?

--
Matt James
Web Programmer