[BlueOnyx:11306] Re: Solbackup

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 11 07:50:06 -05 2012

Hi Marcello,

> Can i change the destination directroy of the backup script? I've found
> a file named "vsite-backup.sh" in "/home/solarspeed/solbackup" folder
> and i've seen that is possible to set the destination folder. Otherwise
> can i setup destination folder on a mounted samba external HDD?

You can also use a symbolic link to point the backup to another
location. Say you want to store the backups in a mounted remote
directory called /extra.

Then you'd do this:

rm -R /home/solarspeed/solbackup/server_backup
mkdir /extra/server_backup
ln -s /extra/server_backup /home/solarspeed/solbackup/server_backup

Using a Samba share is fine. But you could also try fuse-sshfs to mount
a remote directory via SSH. How that is done is explained here:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=fuse-sshfs