[BlueOnyx:11347] Re: Bug report (phpsysinfo)

George F. Nemeyer tigerwolf at tigerden.com
Tue Sep 18 10:45:32 -05 2012

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012, Michael Stauber wrote:

> Yeah, the bug reporting via TRAC is discontinued. I switched it to
> require logins (without ability to create logins) to prevent the
> SPAM-bots flooding the ticket system with garbage. I tried various TRAC
> add-ons to cut down on the SPAM-flood, but in the end it either requires
> heavy moderation, or it is useless.

So is bug reporting on the list appropriate, or is there some other
mechanism?

> 5106R uses phpSysInfo-2.5.4 (due to the older PHP version), while 5107R
> and 5108R use phpSysInfo-3.0.11.

Ours is a Cobalt RAQ 550 so it's the older version.  It started as a
Stronbolt install *without* Blue Quartz, then upgraded to Centos 5 and
then Blue Onyx installed from the tarball installer.  Updates since then
have been via Blue Onyx repositories.

> However, both have been modified to NOT allow you to switch the themes
> or page styles. Instead a certain style that best matches the default
> BlueOnyx theme was hard wired in the configuration.
>
> If yours has a link at the bottom to allow the switching of themes, then
> this is not stock as it shipped with BlueOnyx.
>
> Perhaps you tied your server into a third party YUM repository and got a
> different version from somewhere else?

Odd.  I don't know where it came from, since I've not messed with Repo
settings once the Blue Onyx install was done.  I don't think the Centos
conversion/upgrade installed it, since there was no BQ or other GUI in
place.

> You can check that with the command "rpm -q phpsysinfo". It should
> report back this based on your version of BlueOnyx:
>
> [root at 5106r home]# rpm -q phpsysinfo
> phpsysinfo-2.5.4-0BX02

phpsysinfo-2.5.4-0BX02 is what it showed.

I uninstalled and re-installed the package with yum, and got the same
version display after.  But afterwards, it works as you described with no
choices and a fixed theme.

Maybe the tarball has a different guts for the same version than the
repository has?

I noticed the repo package still installs the theme subdirs, including the
empty 'mobile' one.

Anyway, it seems quite happy now!  Thanks for the help.

=^_^=  Tigerwolf