[BlueOnyx:11403] Re: Fund-raising for a modern BlueOnyx theme

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Tue Sep 25 04:27:30 -05 2012

On 25 Sep 2012, at 10:18, Tjerk Hacquebord wrote:
> No not currently.. so if that has been fixed that's great.
> Just all things together would make me think that using an open database
> would be better for the points I named.

I agree that a more accessible database would be of benefit. There is documentation for accessing the CODB from PHP/Perl scripts so it's not exactly all closed-doors. It is a bit 'cross your fingers and sacrifice a chicken' at times if you're writing stuff to work with it. I think it's something we'd all like to see improved, and it's not been forgotten about - it's just a long way in the distance for now. Once all the other spinning plates have been taken away, there may be more time to look at things like this. For now, it'll just have to remain the scary monster in the cave which we have to poke with a stick occasionally.