[BlueOnyx:11422] CMU migration question

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Tue Sep 25 11:32:42 -05 2012

Greetings,

I am preparing to migrate all sites from an ancient RaQ4 server to a new
BX 5107 server tomorrow. I've been doing some practice runs migrating from
a Strongbolt BQ server to the new BX server here in my office, before
heading out to the data center. I've been following the CMU Migration FAQ
from http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=cmu-migrations

My question is this: In step 0 of the Import phase the instruction is to
"Login to the target server by SSH as "admin" and use "su -" to gain root
access." Is there any particular reason why I would not simply login as
root instead?

I've been logging in as root in my practice runs, and didn't seem to
notice any problems doing so.

Best regards,

David Thacker