[BlueOnyx:13481] Re: Help with BlueOnyx setup

gen at ercuk.com gen at ercuk.com
Wed Aug 7 11:11:28 -05 2013

Hi,

So I've used my laptop connected to the Dell server, via an Ethernet cross-over cable.

a: When I plug the cable into the 2 original sockets, the green indicator immediately to the left of the plug, lights up, indicating that there's a connection.
but the green indicator immediately to the right of the plug (that indicate data) doesn't.
(And they don't light-up when I connect a normal Ethernet cable to the router either.)

b: So next, I tried connecting (via the cross-over cable) to the 2 EXTRA Ethernet sockets...
and it works in one of those sockets !

So I can ping to & from the server, and load the welcome page in the laptops browser.

    So does this mean that the OS has installed to the wrong Ethernet socket, (as suggested) ?

Q: If so: is it possible to re-configure the OS to the correct port, without removing the extra-card & reinstalling the OS ?

Thanks