[BlueOnyx:13497] Re: Email

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Fri Aug 9 03:14:38 -05 2013

On 8 Aug 2013, at 18:24, David Hahn wrote:
> On 8/8/2013 8:24 AM, Dudi Goldenberg wrote:
>>> Is there a way to forward or copy that users email so he does not see it?
>> There is, not very ethical - but there is.
> Actually, it may not be. The emails belong to the company. IMHO, The
> company should have all rights to and access to the emails.
> When hired most have to abide by that policy or not have a job...

Indeed. Most companies have some kind of 'acceptable use' policy for their IT, which includes things about monitoring of communication. It'd be negligent (dare I say un-ethical!) to let an employee steal from / in some way damage a company by not ensuring staff are doing what they're supposed to. Someone running a company is responsible for *all* employees, not just keeping one employee happy.