[BlueOnyx:13601] How do I stop a virtual site pop-up when I browse the BlueOnyx server IP Address?

Richard L de S Clauson blueonyx at virbius.co.uk
Tue Aug 27 17:30:34 -05 2013

How do I stop a virtual site pop-up when I browse the BlueOnyx server IP
Address?

I'm the Web Administrator for a company that has 3 BlueOnyx web servers (S1,
S2, & S3).  Two of these (S1 & S2) are also the Name Servers for the
company, and each server has a unique IP Address (..253, ..254, & ..252).

One of my questions are, why when I browse the domain name (as the URL) for
a server the BlueOnyx comes up, BUT when I do the same for the IP Address
one of the hosted virtual websites comes up?

The other question is, based on the same setup, and ticking the "Preview
Site Configuration", which the "hover over the label help" says "If checked,
preview site is created. You can access preview site on
http://ServerName/VsiteName/.", how do I do this?  I've tried this for
various different ways of defining both "ServerName" (see above when using
the IP Address) and "VsiteName" (e.g. www.abc.com and abc.com) but can't get
the underlying website to appear.  Help?  I'm assuming that this is a way to
get at a virtual site before the Domain Name has been transferred to the
entry.

Thanks,

--
Richard L de S Clauson
Virbius Business, Reading, +44 (0) 844-588-1397 (fax 0870-879-1562)