[BlueOnyx:13604] Re: Change main server IP address

Don Teague blueonyx at donteague.com
Tue Aug 27 18:00:30 -05 2013

Here is what I have in my notes with regards to an IP Address change on
a BO server.

This assumes that you have only one IP on the machine. If you have more
than that, then I would guess that it would still apply, but step 2
would only be the sites that matched the IP from step one.

1. Change IP of server under Server Management -> System Settings -> TCP/IP
Server will change address. Will also add an alias IP to match the hosts
that are currently defined.

2. Change IP of sites to match the new server IP.

3. Remove alias address in Server Management -> System Settings ->
TCP/IP -> Interface Aliases

* It's been ages since I've done the above. Let me know if it doesn't work.

--
Don Teague
donteague.com