[BlueOnyx:14090] Re: Vacation messages

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Dec 12 00:24:54 -05 2013

On 12/11/2013 9:08 PM, Gregg K wrote:
> I was busy with this again tonight. I found a few different versions of the
> vacation.pl file, including one that comes with openwebmail.  I tried a few
> versions, and still nothing is happening.
> I'm not getting any errors either, that's what's upsetting.  The vacation
> script looks like its working, but it doesn't send the emails out.
> It saves the message to the user, but it doesn't send out the vacation
> message.  Here is the maillog info

I'm just throwing this out there because I don't recall this entire
thread.   However, you are aware that the vacation message will only
ever send one auto-response per day per sender, right?   That is, the
first message that you send to a user with auto-reply enabled will
trigger the "I'm out goofing off but it's very important that I send
this auto-reply that you won't really read anyhow" message.  Then if you
send that user 1 or 12 or 1200 more emails on that same day, the
auto-reply will not generate.   But it will the first time you email the
user tomorrow (provided the auto-reply is still in).

If that's all old news to you (I'm imagining that it is) it could be
helpful for you to provide us with some more specific information in
terms of what BX version you're running, what modifications / add-ons...
   In our little fleet of production shared-hosting BX boxes we have
both 5106R and 5108R machines and all have fully functional auto-reply.
   Therefore, I'm thinking it's going to be something specific to your
system if, indeed, it is broken.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services