[BlueOnyx:14094] Re: Yum update error

Jim Matysek matysekj at usms.org
Fri Dec 13 10:09:48 -05 2013

I had the same original issue that RC had and followed the same steps
that you wrote about here, Michael. I ended up with the same problem
with php and mysql. You say below that we can ignore this message and it
is because of running yum with a high debug setting. However, yum stops
with this error every day and installs/updates nothing. How do I get it
to move on? My yum.conf contents are below, with debuglevel set to the
default of 2. That's not a very high debug level. Should I set it to 1
or 0, and will that unstick things?

yum.conf:
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum/$basearch/$releasever
keepcache=0
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
installonly_limit=3

#  This is the default, if you make this bigger yum won't see if the
metadata
# is newer on the remote and so you'll "gain" the bandwidth of not having to
# download the new metadata and "pay" for it by yum not having correct
# information.
#  It is esp. important, to have correct metadata, for distributions like
# Fedora which don't keep old packages around. If you don't like this
checking
# interupting your command line usage, it's much better to have something
# manually check the metadata once an hour (yum-updatesd will do this).
# metadata_expire=90m

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d
## start-yum-gui
exclude=
## stop-yum-gui