[BlueOnyx:14177] Re: Solarspeed AV-SPAM V5

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Dec 31 05:34:01 -05 2013

Hi Colin,

> Unfortunately not:

> tests=AWL,UNPARSEABLE_RELAY,\n\tZIP_ATTACHED_2 autolearn=spam version=3.3.2
>

> Got a score of 20.0 on there but 11.6 total.

I have another idea what it could be. Please raise the score for these
three rules to 900.

Three rules triggered for that particular email:

- AWL
- UNPARSEABLE_RELAY
- ZIP_ATTACHED_2

As far as I recall UNPARSEABLE_RELAY has a very low score or even a 0.0
score.

The AWL score in this case is probably a negative, because you have
received good emails from that source before.

That's why you get a 11.6 score instead of a 20 on that email. AWL
probably reduced the solid twenty by almost half based on the
established credibility and "non-spamminess" of this known sender.

If you bump the score to something ridiculous like 900, then AWL (or any
other rule which lowers the SPAM score) won't prevent that mail from not
being rejected at the MTA level.

There is one exception, though: If you whitelist an email address in the
GUI, then emails with Attachments will go through, as whitelisted folks
get a 900 point "bonus", so that their stuff gets through no matter what.