[BlueOnyx:11875] Varnish Cache

Joseph Chambers joseph at michael-chambers.com
Tue Jan 1 23:57:50 -05 2013

Hello,

I want to run Varnish for available to all of my sites on the server.

1) How do I get it to start up if I ever reboot my server. For example; I know that I am running a non-standard implementation of ProFTPd in order to support TLS (FTP over SSL instead of FTPS which is natively supported). Therefore, service will fail on reboot. is this something I will worry about for Varnish?
2) How do I install it without breaking BluOynx?

Any advice? I know how to shell in and install scripts but I'm not as smart as anyone reading this.