[BlueOnyx:11910] Blocked IP - locked myself out

Brian Santee b.santee at visions-online.com
Sun Jan 6 00:38:28 -05 2013

I put together a windows 8 machine this week and was trying to upload some
files via FTP. This connection failed for whatever reason and my IP was
blacklisted by the server. I cannot even pull up any of the websites.

I cleared the failed logins in the GUI, rebooted.

Tried to manually drop my IP address
/sbin/iptables -D INPUT -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -j DROP

added my IP to hosts.allow

Uninstalled HostsDeny

Uninstalled DFIX

cleared PAM_ABL
rm /var/lib/abl/hosts.db
rm /var/lib/abl/users.db

if I shut off iptables - I can access the server, but FTP access still
fails.

Turn back on IPTABLES - bam - locked out again

/etc/init.d/pam_abl status <-----------clear - nothing blocked

rebooted several times in the process of above...