[BlueOnyx:11919] Re: tune2fs

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Sun Jan 6 13:16:57 -05 2013

On 1/6/2013 12:46 PM, George F. Nemeyer wrote:
>> I suspect you've got a drive that is probably failing.�
> smartctl -a /dev/<whichever>

Failed to mention this is a VMware VPS, the only partition that keeps
doing this on the virtual disk is the /tmp partition. This has been
happening on this one VPS partition since a hard reboot of the host
server recently. These are LVM partitions. When I try to use the above
smartctl command, I get this...

Smartctl: please specify device type with the -d option

What type of drive should I specify since this is a virtual disk? We do
cmuExport and mysql dumps every day as backup. Perhaps I should create a
new VPS/disk and move all?

--Robert

--
Robert <robert at webtent.org>