[BlueOnyx:11994] Re: MySQL 5.1 or higher for BlueOnyx 5106R?

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jan 14 22:53:23 -05 2013

On 1/14/2013 5:50 AM, Dirk Estenfeld wrote:
> Michael,
>
> did you roll something up?
> I have the next customer/applicance with a lot of sites which needs for one site MySQL 5.1.x now and it would be a huge todo to migrate the server from 5106R to 5108R.

Dirk,
Have you thought about moving just the impacted customer to a 5108R box?

Of course, if what you are saying is that this is a customer with a
dedicated server, then that may be impractical.   In my case, I have had
virtual hosting customers that we have moved from a 5106R to a 5108R box
(and rather seamlessly, as well) so that they may enjoy what 5108R has
to offer.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services