[BlueOnyx:12013] Re: delete account from shell?

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Wed Jan 16 10:51:13 -05 2013

No!  deluser will only affect the Unix user system - not the BlueOnyx user subsystem.  It won't touch the BlueOnyx user, and you'll wind up with no Unix user, but a BlueOnyx user.  System out of sync = big problems!

Use the "cdeluser" found in /usr/sbin to delete a user from the command-line.  Just type cdeluser as root to see the usage.  Its a link to a script in /usr/shell-tools/scripts/ctools, and runs a script made for the BlueOnyx system.  In fact, you can see all the BlueOnyx command-line tools in that directory.

Chuck