[BlueOnyx:12016] Re: Varnish Cache

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 17 09:41:55 -05 2013

Hi Dirk,

> For an SSL certificate you also have to use a single ip.

Yes, only one site per IP can have SSL. But you could still run several
other non-SSL enabled sites on that same IP as well.

> Why not to setup varnish in BO in that way, that a site which
> want to use varnish have to be assigned with a dedicated Ip address.

That might help a little, yes.

> Maybe it is possible to do a base line implementation which will
> run with an easy setup and the ability to change config file
> settings within the gui for professionals or more complicated
> settings.

That's an option. I'll need to keep the ability in to do a rollback of
the config, which isn't that complicated. Because if someone edits the
Varnish config and makes a mistake, then Varnish won't start when you
reload the new config. Which also works as a syntax verification: If the
GUI realizes that Varnish won't restart after a config file
modification, then the new config is faulty. Which should trigger a
rollback to the last good version and prompts the user to try his
modification again.