[BlueOnyx:12018] Re: APC breaks my server

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 17 10:32:02 -05 2013

Hi Rob,

> I’m running BlueOnyx with the SolarSpeed PHP upgrade. I’ve developed a
> Drupal 7 site which runs horribly slow with default settings. In my
> research, I’ve learned that I’d be a fool to not run APC on the server.
>
> So, APC has been installed, but when I enable APC (apc.enabled=1) in the
> apc.ini file (home/solarspeed/php/etc/php.d/apc.ini), all of my sites
> crash with a “Invalid Response” error.

Yeah, that figures. I deliberately don't include APC support in the
Solarspeed PHP. Their code is a piece of garbage and conflicts with
another piece of garbage, which is the Zend Optimizer.

On their own both Zend Optimizer or APC crash a lot. But when used in
conjunction PHP doesn't even get out of the starting blocks without
tripping over.

So you might want to remove (or comment out) this config file, which
will disable Zend:

/home/solarspeed/php/etc/php.d/zend.ini