[BlueOnyx:12051] Re: Dracut can't mount LVM volumes

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Sat Jan 19 17:35:34 -05 2013

> Further to the below, I have more information.
>
> Kernel 5.9 has built in support for Hyper-V
> (see: http://virtualisationandmanagement.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/red-hat-rhel-5-9-now-includes-the-hyper-v-linux-integration-services-built-in/ )
> so actually all you need to do is:
>
> Boot into the old kernel
> Remove the old Hyper-V components as follows:
>
> Execute the following steps in the bash shell.
> 1. First, execute:
> rpm –qa | grep microsoft
> Example:
> On a RHEL 5.8 system, you will see the following:
> # rpm –qa | grep microsoft
> kmod-microsoft-hyper-v-3.4-1.20120727
> microsoft-hyper-v-3.4.20120727
> 2. Next, execute:
> rpm –e microsoft-hyper-v-<version string from step 1> kmod-microsoft-hyper-v-<version string from step 1>
>
>             Then reboot into the new kernel
>

> Jason Ozin

That's a easy one to answer Jason - I never loaded the M$ virtualization tools.  I didn't trust them, don't need any of the extra "abilities" they provide, and the virtual machine was running just fine.  So I didn't bother.

But I'll definitely follow your suggestions and check out that article.  Thanks for the help.

Chuck