[BlueOnyx:12078] Off server email issue

Rod Morgan rmorgan at portmorgan.com
Tue Jan 22 22:32:57 -05 2013

I have a new customer that wants to host a php-based site on our server
while maintaining their current email services provided by Google. DNS
is correctly configured.  The site was configured with email disabled.
The problem occurs when their php-based contact page sends email using
the mail() command to users in the same domain.  The server tries to
deliver the mail locally instead of using SMTP to send it.  I have
temporarily resolved the issue by editing the access and virtusertable
files in /etc/mail and rebuilding the .db files. However, I expect his
is only a temporary fix as the BlueOnyx scripts will probably recreate
the entries in both files at some point.  Is there a permanent solution
that I should have implemented?

Rod Morgan