[BlueOnyx:12096] Group-Office Professional

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Fri Jan 25 13:40:57 -05 2013

a client asks, can someone help

We are looking at trying out Group-Office Professional on our server and
have ran into a few snags while trying to set this up...

1: We were informed that switching from the Standard version to the
Professional version was "seamless", how-ever when I went to do this I
noticed that without the "professional" box checked you only get
Standard, the only way to get the Professional Box checked was to
disable and reenable GroupOffice. Upon doing this it resets everything.
Is there an easy way to migrate from Standard to Pro?

2: Looking at the Group-Office website they are running version 4.1,
how-ever the one that BlueOnyx installs is 3.4. how do we go and get
ourselves a 3.4 key?

3: I followed their instructions to upgrade to 4.1 but could not get it
working. I then tried to go from; 3.4 à 3.5 à 3.6 à 3.7 à 4.0 à 4.1 but
the database got messed  up beyond repair so I'm wondering if I'm doing
something wrong or if there's an easier way to go and update us to a 4.1
install of Group Office

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Gerald