[BlueOnyx:12098] Re: External access to MYSQL

Richard Morgan richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 18:04:12 -05 2013

Hi Mark

Do you have a MySQL user set up with either '%' as the host or the host/IP specified.  In this scenario you need a username, hostname of the requesting server and the password.

It doesn't just do it, but it's also not blocked by anything (IIRC).

It might be worth trying some kind of MySQL tool from your desktop - I use HeidiSQL, although the error messages are far from verbose.

HTH

Richard