[BlueOnyx:13294] Re: BlueQuartz suspended user

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Tue Jul 2 09:32:29 -05 2013

On Thu June 27 2013 19:14, Larry Smith wrote:
> On Thu June 27 2013 17:42, Michael Stauber wrote:
> > Hi Larry,
> >
> > > Followed instructions and entry shows oid 64
> > > enabled = "0"
> > > but when I do the
> > > set 64 enabled = "1"
> > > or set 64 enabled = 1 (no quotes)
> > > I get 401 FAIL response
> >
> > Ok, that 401 FAIL is generated by this script:
> >
> > /usr/sausalito/handlers/base/user/suspend_user.pl
> >
> > The contends of that file differs between BlueQuartz and BlueOnyx.
> >
> > BlueQuartz:
> > http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/browser/BlueQuartz/5106R/trunk/ui/base-user
> >.m od/glue/handlers/suspend_user.pl
> >
> > BlueOnyx:
> > http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/browser/BlueOnyx/ui/base-user.mod/glue/hand
> >le rs/suspend_user.pl
> >
> > You could grab the BlueOnyx version of it and could try if it makes a
> > difference.
> >
> > Or you could use a temporary work around:
> >
> > Edit your /usr/sausalito/handlers/base/user/suspend_user.pl and right
> > below the "use CCE;" line add the following two lines:
> >
> > $cce->bye('SUCCESS');
> > exit(0);
> >
> > Whenever that handler is then called, it will simply tell CCE "I did my
> > job! No errors!" and it'll do nothing.
> >
> > You will still have to run "/usr/sbin/usermod -U username" manually and
> > also need to repeat the cceclient procedure that I gave you before.
> >
> > If it still fails, then your CODB database is corrupted and the actual
> > problem is not related to this handler.
>
> Really appreciate it, but still no go.  Made the change, ran dbrecover,
> stopped and started cced.init.  The usermod command returns a no such user
> in passwd file; the cceclient still responds 401 FAIL when trying to set
> the account to enabled (set 64 enabled = "1").

As an additional "thanks" to Michael and the group, and for archive purposes
figured I would post the end result here...  Thanks to all who assisted with
suggestions..

  Ended up nothing worked in the regular sense, so exported that user,
modified the archive to be "user2", imported that, then used cceclient
to move user to user3 and user2 to user.  I now have a user3 account that
cannot be unsuspended - but have a functional user account and the customer
is happy...

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net