[BlueOnyx:13300] phpMyAdmin credential issue

William Thackrey wethackrey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 12:12:30 -05 2013

Good morning list...

Ever try to fix a minor issue and every step you take seems to break something else?

We use Solarspeed backup on our BlueOnyx servers.  in the RAQBacup report, one of the servers has been complaining that the mySQL backups have been reporting ERROR due to bad credentials.  The GUI reports that a "connection is possible with these settings".  In fact, when I use the same password connecting to mysql as -u root from the command line, the credentials work.

So... I went into phpMyAdmin from the Personal tab on the GUI (logged in as admin).  PhpMyAdmin opened as expected in the GUI frame.  I "changed" the password in phpMyAdmin for root at localhost and root at 127.0.0.1.  At that point, phpMyAdmin failed to load properly in the frame in the GUI.  The browser gets in a loop, waiting for the server,  I've tried this on several browsers.

I've verified the password of root and 'root'@'127.0.0.1' in mysql.  The password works correctly from the command line (and is the same as the admin user password.

So I've obviously broken something.  Does the GUI keep the phpMyAdmin credentials in a database somewhere?  Does anyone have an idea how I can fix it?

 - Bill Thackrey