[BlueOnyx:13348] restrict access to subdirectories for FTP user

Frank Soyer fsoyer at systea.net
Tue Jul 16 04:27:34 -05 2013

Dear list,
on a site maintained by more than one developer, we want to restrict FTP
access to some directories for some of them.
For example, we want that the graphic designer can only access to
/web/images and /web/upload, and never /web and / (even in R.O.). But
the site administrator must have access to all directories.

If I create a user in the interface, giving him ftp access, his group is
the site group and he has access to all the tree from /. Changing his
group isn't a solution, he has no longer access to directories. Creating
symlinks in his home dir doesn't solve either, if he can still change
dir to / or /web.

Have you some idea for this ?

Thanks
Frank