[BlueOnyx:13350] Re: restrict access to subdirectories for FTP user

Frank Soyer fsoyer at systea.net
Tue Jul 16 06:31:08 -05 2013

Thanks Michael.
I had an idea after posting my question :
1. is there a way to chroot in proftp a user in his home dir ? I know
that it is possible, probably in proftpd.conf, but don't know for now
how to do it. And can I be sure that an update of proftpd will not
overwrites some manual changes ?
2. Once chrooted, does a symlink (more probably a hardlink ?) give
access to desired directories in the web tree ? If I know how to solve
the 1st point, I'll test that.

Frank