[BlueOnyx:13366] What is the minimum & ideal PC specification ? (2)

gen at ercuk.com gen at ercuk.com
Wed Jul 17 14:51:03 -05 2013

Hi All...
What is the minimum & ideal PC specification ?

To try it out: I've just tried to install: BlueOnyx-5107R-CentOS-6.3-20120903.iso

...onto my old but little used PC...

Processor: P3 - 555Mhz
HDD: 15GB
Ram: 256MB Dim (max)

I'm new to Servers, so I was not sure which option to choose from the install menu,
so I selected the option for HDD less than 20GB

But it then said it couldn't install because there was insufficient Ram.

It would have helped and saved a lot of time, if this basic info had been on your website.

Thanks Mac