[BlueOnyx:13410] Intermediate/chain certificate for Vsites

David Hahn blueonyx at sb9.com
Wed Jul 24 22:00:21 -05 2013

Hi all,
Was testing different SSL certs to see how low in price and quality I
could try till something complained..
got to the 12 dollars ones when Firefox and IE quit trusting..

Where is the best place to add the Intermediate/chain certificate
(ca-bundle) where
the changes won't be overwritten. I used to put it in the container in
the httpd.conf
for the site that needed the chain files using ssl. (5100) or the
include file. But I don't see
the ssl directives there.. SSL  listens on port 443 fine with ssl on in
BO certs work fine.
Just trust issues with browsers and external testing.

What works best for 5106
that use the cheaper certs that some browsers don't trust but need to
use the added chain file?
Does it go in the site include file? if so what should the container
look like?

--
TIA
David